March 1, 2010

some casting news

A few casting bits from the past few weeks that seemed worth mentioning...

I'm still only one season two of my way-overdue ride on the Gossip Girl train, but I loved the news that Billy Baldwin was cast as Serena's estranged daddy. (Ausiello)

NBC has decided to push back its remake of the legendary British series Prime Suspect. Apparently, they have yet to find a star to match the perfection of Helen Mirren. Hmm... Debra Winger looks interesting in her upcoming Law & Order guest spot. Too young? (TV Guide)

The Office's Craig Robinson (Daryl) will be the new host of Last Comic Standing on NBC. I keep forgetting about this show, but usually find it to be fun summer entertainment. Congrats Craig! (THR)

Really looking forward to seeing Cynthia Watros (Libby from Lost) in her upcoming arc as Wilson's first wife on House. (Ausiello)

ABC's pilot Freshmen about three first-year Members of Congress who share a DC rowhouse has a new addition: Ben Lawson from The Deep End. He showed some promise in the short-lived series. Assume the Aussie will plan an American here? (THR)

William Shatner has been cast in the Shit My Dad Says pilot. I had wanted a no-name actor in this role, but it should be pretty hilarious to see Shatner spew out those lines. (THR)

Durmot Mulroney has been cast in the aforementioned Rockford Files pilot for NBC. Hmmm... I was looking for someone a little more...butch? Quirky? He may surprise us. (Variety)

One of my very favorites, Becki Newton (Amanda from Ugly Betty) was cast in a fall pilot called Love Bites for NBC. Fingers crossed the role is worthy of her awesomeness. Becki will be joined by Jordana Spiro (another favorite from My Boys on TBS) as the only other series regular - not sure what that means, but I certainly hope it doesn't mean the end of My Boys! (THR)

0 comments:

Post a Comment