November 16, 2009

favorite monday tv moment

Last night was How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, and Castle for me. Sorry House, you got the DVR spot tonight. My biggest laugh of the night came during BBT.

Leonard, Raj, and Howard go camping in the California desert to spy a meteor shower. Howard bumps into some "ladies" in an adjoining camp ground (described as 50-55 year-old Greatful Dead t-shirt wearing teachers driving a VW bus), who generously shared a bag of homemade cookies. Unknown to them, these cookies have a little kick. Ten minutes later, this conversation happens as each of them lie on the ground staring at the sky.

Raj: If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king.

Leonard: I hate my name. It has NERD in it. Len-NERD.

Howard: I lost my virginity to my cousin Jeanie.

Raj: I would be kind to my rabbit subjects. At first.

Leonard: You know what's a cool name? Angelo. That has angel and jello in it.

Howard: It was my uncle Murray's funeral. We were all back at my aunt Barbara's house. Our eyes locked over the pickled herring. We never meant for it to happen.

Raj: One day, I host a great ball for the President of France. But the rabbits hate me and don't come. I'm embarrassed, so I eat all the lettuce in the world and make them watch.

Leonard: People can call me Angie. Yo Angie! How's it goin'? (in the voice of Rocky)

Howard: To this day, I can't look at pickled herring without being aroused and ashamed. Ohh cousin Jeanie.

And it goes without saying that Kaley Cuoco and Jim Parson's (Penny and Sheldon) scenes were hilariously perfect. I love those two on screen together. But I had to give props to the other geeks out from under Sheldon's shadow this week.

Also, how cute is that photo?

2 comments:

merideth said...

i am dying. what is this show and why have i never heard of it? when is it on? funny.

Maura said...

mondays at 9:30 on cbs. it really is the best medicine for a case of the mondays. you will love it.

Post a Comment