May 13, 2009

idol top 3

Can you believe it's the top three already? Are you sick of my Idol posts yet? Seeing as this is all I've written about for the past week, I can't say I blame you. There are a million things I want to write about, but Idol seems to be the only thing that forces me to sit and type. I promise that will soon change...after the finale of course.

Once again, I'm watching both the performance and results show on Wednesday night. So, if my tenses seem odd, I am watching this in my present but your past (Lost?). Let's get to it.

I was really sad to see Allison leave last week, but she went out with a great performance. She has been my favorite, but in my heart, I knew she wasn't headed for the finals. I'm glad we'll get to see a showdown between Danny and Kris.

The boys will each perform twice tonight - singing one personal choice and one judge's choice. I always like this round.

Danny 1: Singing Paula's song choice "Dance Little Sister" by Terrence Trent D'Arby. He's never heard the song, so that must by tough. Sounds like a good choice for his voice. He looks a litttle serious again this week. I liked him from the beginning because he always looked like he was having fun. He's lost a little of that in the higher pressure weeks. Ok, now he's getting into it and dancing around. The band sounds amazing, and I usually don't notice that. Randy called it dope. Kara didn't like the dancing, but Paula strongly disagreed. She is a choreographer afterall. Simon liked it vocally, but didn't love the saxophone solo. Who cares?

Kris 1: Singing Kara and Randy's choice "Apologize" by One Republic. I like this song for five minutes until it was on the radio every five minutes, but it's a good choice for Kris because this is the kind of song you would find on Kris' album. He seems happy with the choice...as happy as Kris ever appears. He's playing the piano. Has Kris done this before? I can't remember. Damnit, he sounds really good. Wait...I'm bored again. Randy liked it. Kara wished he had taken more chances and changed it up. Paula picked up on a "bum" note. Simon called it a competent version of the original, but not quite as good. Again, Kris says two words in response. BORE.
Adam 1: Singing Simon's choice "One" by U2. Yay! Call it cliche, but this is one of my favorite songs of all time. Leave it to Simon to pick a popular, moneymaker of a song. But I do think there are all kinds of things Adam could do with it. He's singing alone with a pianist at the beginning. No arguments, this guy has an amazing voice. He brings it into a sort of show-tuney, soul arrangement going off the melody. I don't love it, but that might be my U2 loyalty talking. His voice is flawless. Randy liked but didn't love, Kara and Paula can't get enough, and Simon called it brilliant. Adam might be "playing the game" but he seems outwardly friendly and nice.

Danny 2: Singing "You are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker. This personal choice from Danny doesn't surprise me a bit. It's sweet with some soul (sorry if I just made you throw up). He's singing with a small ensemble of strings. I worry Simon will be bored, but I liked it. Pretty and showed off his voice. Randy liked the mad vocals, Kara called it stunning, Paula was left breathless, Simon called it a vocal master class. Danny definitely brought it tonight.

Kris 2: Singing "Heartless" by Kanye West and The Fray. If Ryan called Kris "humble" one more time, I'm going to puke. Kris has the guitar again, and I have to give him props. He took a big chance putting a completely new spin on this song. I actually like it better than the other versions. He essentially rewrote the song. Randy and Kara loved it, Paula bravoed, Simon is counting him back in after not loving the first performance.

Adam 2: Singing "Crying" by Aerosmith. Great song. Awesome performance. Just awesome. This will be my first iTunes download of the season. Judges all obviously loved him. I don't think there's any doubt that we'll see him in the finals. But as Simon says, we shouldn't assume, we should vote.

It could definitely go either way, but my pick for final two: Adam and Danny

FASTFORWARDFASTFORWARDFASTFORWARDFASTFORWARDFASTFORWARD

And it's Adam and Kris. Boo. Adam for the win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment