April 24, 2009

tgif top 10

It's a no-coats-at-recess kind of day where I live. The first we've had in a while. What did you watch on rainy days as a little kid? We didn't watch a ton of television (gasp), but these were my favorites.

Top 10 Shows from Kidhood
  1. Fraggle Rock: In my opinion, there was no better kid show.

  2. Kids Incorporated: Performing at this establishment is still an ultimate goal of mine. Stacey Ferguson, give me a call.

  3. Mickey Mouse Club: Post-Annette but pre-Britney

  4. Voyage of the Mimi: PBS show about researchers on a sail boat, featuring a teeny tiny Ben Affleck.

  5. Punky Brewster: I wanted to be her best friend and coveted that tree house. Remember when the Chicklets click tried to get her to smoke a joint? Just say no!

  6. Little House on the Prairie: My sister and I never missed a morning rerun on TBS in the summer. I've seen every single episode at least three times.

  7. 3-2-1 Contact: Another slightly obscure PBS series about science, which featured the Bloodhound Gang, a group of kids who solved mysteries using science. I still find myself singing the theme song, although I'm pretty sure I made up the lyrics.

  8. Sesame Street: Continues to be an untouchable classic.

  9. The Brady Bunch: Another one my sister and I caught on Nickelodeon reruns on a nightly basis. Brady Bunch was also used to gauge the length of a car trip. Question: How many Brady Bunches until we get there? Answer: 2 (one hour)

  10. Pinwheel: Anyone else remember this one on Nickelodeon? I'm pretty sure it was 3 or 4 hours long every afternoon - with puppets, live actors and animated shorts. Bill Cosby was involved.

  11. I almost forgot Mr. Rogers!! Have to add number eleven this week. No list is complete without Mr. Robers. Hello friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment