November 13, 2008

mad cancellations

Don't pass out, it wasn't Mad Men. But FOX just cancelled MadTV after 14 seasons. Admittedly, I was never a big fan, but this was definitely an iconic staple on FOX. Anyone sad? Interestingly, this was the second longrunning show cancelled by FOX this month - King of the Hill was just put to death after 13 years, but it looks like ABC will be picking it up. Seems like an odd fit for the alphabet network, but we'll see how it does. MadTV producers are also shopping the show around to other networks - Comedy Central, perhaps?

In other cancellation news, NBC served up the axe to Lipstick Jungle and My Own Worst Enemy (Christian Slater's drama). I never got into Enemy, but I will admit to developing a slightly embarassing weakness for Jungle. I blame Andrew McCarthy. I never got over Pretty in Pink, but really, who has?

0 comments:

Post a Comment