May 17, 2011

rejects and renewals: cbs

CBS finally leaked some of their cancellations and renewals in advance of their upfront presentation tomorrow. Not quite the bloodbath we saw from other networks.

Renewed
CSI: NY
The Amazing Race
CSI*
CSI: Miami*
The Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
How I Met Your Mother
Blue Bloods*
NCIS: Los Angeles*
The Mentalist*
Criminal Minds*
The Good Wife*
Hawaii Five-0*
Mike and Molly*
Rules of Engagement
Survivor
Undercover Boss

*not official, but pretty much a done deal

Canceled:
Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
The Defenders
Shit My Dad Says
Mad Love
Medium

I now watch three drama on CBS - am I getting old? The Good Wife, Hawaii 5-0, and Blue Bloods were on my schedule this year. The Good Wife had a great season and continues to be one of my favorite shows. The other two are more simple pleasures, but still fun. Hawaii 5-0 is just pretty to look at - both the boys and the islands. Blue Bloods has good heart and some great performances, especially by Tom Selleck and Donnie Walberg.

The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are my only other CBS shows. The first was awesome this season - Mayim Bialik has been a genius addition. Her character has helped develop the female side of the cast, allowing the show to avoid falling down a path of repetition. Unfortunately, HIMYM doesn't earn the same points from me this season. I still enjoy spending time with the characters every week, but Ted is just becoming painful to tolerate. And Jennifer Morrison's guest stint fell flat. Please just bring on the mother.

Oh, and I didn't watch any of the canceled shows, but none feel like a huge a surprise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment