October 28, 2009

modern couple

These two are my new favorite TV pair. Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson play a couple who have just adopted a baby daughter on Modern Family. I've had my eye on Ferguson for a while. His background is in theater, including an originating role in "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee". Then, he popped up in a couple failed sitcoms, but I loved his roles. So glad he found this spot on Modern Family, which has been so funny, particularly due to his scenes with Eric Stonestreet. Stonestreet consistently steals the show - playing so well off of Ferguson's "straight" guy. Their talking head interviews are hilarious.

Here's a short AP interview with the two actors. I particularly like how Stonestreet explains that these characters are first and foremost an awkward couple trying to figure out parenthood - the fact that they're gay is secondary (although, there's no getting around it with Stonestreet's Cameron). There are also fun surprises like that fact that Cam played starting center for a Big 10 football team.



Just for fun, here's my favorite scene from the pilot. If you're not already watching, give this show a chance. Here's my best evidence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment