April 17, 2009

tgif top 10

Last night, I was hanging out with a friend who is counting down to her quickly arriving wedding day. As I was walking home, I started thinking about TV weddings. Most girls would day dream planning their own wedding. Not me - my mind goes directly to TV. I won't think too deeply about that.

So, here are my most memorable (fictional) TV weddings - probably not Emmy candidates, but these are the ones that stuck with me.

Top 10 TV Weddings
  1. Luke & Laura, General Hospital: The original actually aired before I was born - in front of 30 million viewers - but I saw enough flashbacks during my GH phase to know this one's a classic.

  2. Niles & Daphne, Frasier: They eloped to Reno, which was so cute and so sweet. They did not tell their families and tried to go through another wedding at home, which of course ended in Frasier's special kind of uncomfortable humor.

  3. Joanie & Chachi, Happy Days: I was a little too young for this one too, so it came to me through the magic of Nick at Nite. I think we can all agree Happy Days was a classic, but perhaps went a little too long for its own good. Nevertheless, the series finale with Joanie and Chachi's wedding in the backyard was one of the greats.

  4. Monica & Chandler, Friends: Hilarious and sweet with Joey presiding. Monica's was one of my most favorite dresses.

  5. Corey & Topanga, Boy Meets World: Laugh if you must, but this one brought a little tear. Come on, they met in the sandbox!

  6. Donna & David, Beverly Hills 90210: I recently rewatched this one on SoapNet. Nat walking Donna down the aisle? Dylan reading a love poem? David crying? Love.

  7. Marshall & Lily, How I Met Your Mother: If my husband-to-be ever shaved a runway through the middle of his hair minutes before my wedding, I would smack him in the head. But that's not Lily. Their pre-wedding wedding with the best friends was too cute.

  8. Jesse & Rebecca, Full House: Uncle Jesse serenading Aunt Becky with "Forever"? Dreamy.

  9. Dr. Quinn & Sully, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: Everyone once and a while, I pause and think, is this something I'm really ready to admit? What about my reputation? And then I remember I don't have one. Yes, I watched Dr. Quinn. I loved Sully, and I coveted her wedding dress.

  10. Zach and Kelly, Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas: This is the pre-teen in me coming out, but Saved by the Bell will always have a place in my heart. Coming back with an hour-long special wedding reunion is a fan's dream.

Honorable mention goes to Mike and Carol Brady, who got hitched during the pilot episode, but who could forget that yellow dress with matching mini-veil? And Tiger running through the ceremony knocking down the cake?

0 comments:

Post a Comment