March 20, 2009

tgif top 10

Sometimes I just feel like watching reruns. Call it lazy, but there are some shows that are just easy and fun to watch no matter how many times you've seen the episodes, especially on a weekend afternoon when you don't want to think. With so many channels, I go through phases of rerun watching, but here's what's on my list right now. I could watch these shows any time of day, no matter how many times I've seen them.

Top 10 Favorite Reruns (currently)
  1. West Wing - Sacred. I currently watch an average of 2 episodes per day. Thank you, Bravo.

  2. Roseanne - I wasn't allowed to watch this show as a kid, so maybe that's why I always want to now. But I really do love Roseanne and Dan. Oddly enough, I think there one of the most relatable families ever written for television.

  3. Beverly Hills, 90210 - SoapNet broadcasts about 16 episodes per day. I prefer the early high school days because I get confused as the seasons get later, and I have to use Donna's hair as a timepiece.

  4. That 70's Show - I've always loved this show, and I'll admit it took me a good three seasons to realize they are smoking pot.

  5. M*A*S*H - I've talked about this show before, and there's no denying that it was one of the most influential shows for television writing. I'm willing to bet you can find an episode on some channel 24 hours a day.

  6. The Cosby Show - You gotta love the Huxtables. Incidentally, I was recently on a flight with the divine Felicia Rashad. We bought the same NurtiGrain bar at the news stand, and I'm pretty sure we'll be best friends for life.

  7. Law & Order - Since there have been 3 million episodes, you can always find one you haven't seen.

  8. The Real Housewives of Anywhere - I'll admit it, this show sucks me in. I was loyal to the OC ladies, then NYC got me. Atlanta scared me a bit, and I can't wait for New Jersey.

  9. Friends - Raise your hand if you can recite the lines from every episode.

  10. Rob & Big - This one's a bit of a wild card. It's not on anymore, but you can find it on MTV2. I cry from laughter every time.

Honorable mention goes to The Wonder Years, which I love to watch in reruns but can't seem to find lately. ION, you weird little channel, I'm looking at you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment