January 30, 2009

tgif top 10

It's been a long week. The fact that it's Friday makes me want to sing. So here are my favorite TV theme songs. You don't see many of these anymore. With increased commercial time, most shows are doing away with long intros completely - nevermind writing songs for them. I actually don't mind it because I end up fast-forwarding through it anyway. I love that Grey's just does a quick screen shot of the title, and that's it. Some have held onto the intro - The Office and Dexter both have great instrumental intros. Anyway, here are my favorites from back in the day.

Top 10 TV Theme Songs
  1. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - who doesn't know the words by heart?

  2. All in the Family - that scene with them singing at the piano gets me every time.

  3. Cheers - another classic, and this show seriously makes almost all of my lists - weird.

  4. Facts of Life - frequent shower song.

  5. Perfect Strangers - I loved this intro because it told the history of the characters.

  6. The Wonder Years - not sure it's technically a theme song because it already existed, but it will be forever associated with this show.

  7. Saved by the Bell - admit it, you remember every word.

  8. Laverne & Shirley - LOVE this one.

  9. Bonanza - this is just too iconic not to have a spot on the list.

  10. The Addam's Family - for excellence in snapping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment